Monday, August 3, 2009

I ♥ Faces My Story in Photos: The Summer Edition



Summer has been mostly cold, wet, and rainy this year, keeping us away from our favorite place on Earth... CAMP! I tease my husband that the main reason I agreed to live up here in the frozen tundra was the promise of camp every summer! We have always enjoyed our time there, although it used to be more relaxing before all our blessings arrived! We wouldn't trade the blessed time our children have gotten to spend with their great grandparents at camp for anything, though! (Especially since we do get to sneak in the ocassional nap ourselves when Gram and Grandpa are around to help out!)

Every 4th of July we enjoy a lobster feed. This year we had the delightful addition of a kids' picnic table... as well as the not so delightful sweaters and long pants. Yes, sweaters and long pants on the 4th of July. Welcome to life in Maine, folks!



Giggling on the dock... perhaps Grace is retelling her misadventure... "I saw a toy duck in the water and wanted to rescue it! So, I stepped off the dock, right in the water! Boy, did Daddy come running quick! But, I turned around, grabbed hold of the dock, and put one foot up, then the other foot up, and got back up all by myself! That duck was still in the water, though."



The sandbox has been a huge hit this year! Especially since the weather does not make us want to spend all day cooling off in the lake!


Dipping our toes in and making lots of splashes is always fun, no matter what the weather is like!


Great Grandpa takes the new sailboat out for the inaugural sail. Aaahhhh! Life on the lake is lovely!


I pray they will always be...


You can also head over to I ♥ Faces to check out everyone else's summers. You know, like where they've had more than 5 days of sun...

No comments: